Musings of a Lady

Thursday, January 14, 2010

1940's Day dress


The Art Deco Society is having their membership appreciation party on January 24th in Alameda at the Elks Lodge.  I have several garments in my closet but....yes, a new one is on the cutting table.  I am using the Decade of Style pattern, #4007 1940s New England Dress.  The fabric is a charcoal grey closely woven linen-like fabric with a chalk white grid pattern.  I have some vintage buttons as well - part of the collection of many bits and pieces I use to detail even modern clothes to make them interesting.  


I have used Decade of Style patterns before with mixed success but I find that may be more my fault in plowing ahead and not making mock-ups, etc. The last garment, referred to in my previous post, came out perfect.   In any case, I have the fabric cut and I just need to get the machines ready to rock and roll and have at it.  

Here is the link to Decades of Style:  http://www.decadesofstyle.com
Also here is the ADSC calendar page: http://www.artdecosociety.org/calendar/index.htm


More to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Let me know how it turns out.

Angela said...

Thanks Cythnia. I will. ag